Thursday, June 16, 2011

Nom! Nom! Nom!

Another Foodie Post!

Two nights ago I made a super delicious and easy chicken dish. I'm all about easy and fast cooking because I normally don't have the patience for complicated meals. However, saying that, I still really love trying new things and feel the best sense of accomplishment when one turns out super yummy!

Chicken Breast stuffed with Apple and Raison Stuffing

stuffedchicken2

Stuffing
I bought a box of chicken based whole wheat stove top stuffing because as I said, I'm a lazy cook. I followed the directions on there except I added into the boiling water 1 medium sized apple chopped up and a small pack of raisons. Mix everything up and cover with a lid while it thickens.

Chicken
3 (or however many you need) free range chicken breasts
Cut the chicken down the center(not all the way through), and spread the opening apart so you can stuff it.
Spice it up! I sprinkled with pepper, salt, paprika, and bouquet garni
Place them in a baking pan with a few pieces of butter on the bottom of the pan and 1 or 2 small pieces on top of the chicken.
Put your stuffing inside the chicken and stuff so it is overflowing.
Cover the chicken with tin foil(you don't want the stuffing to burn) *Remove foil when chicken is close to being done so the stuffing gets crisp on top*
Place in oven at 350 for probably about 40-50 minutes... when cooking chicken stuffed you want the temperature inside the stuffing to be 165 degrees when finished.

stuffedchicken1

And there you have it! A quick, easy and delicious dinner for you and your family to enjoy. I think it would be a great dish to make for a dinner party because it is quite pretty!

Do you have any easy recipe suggestions for me to try?

xo
Janelle

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yum! That looks really tasty and easy to make! I'll have to try that sometime.

Mikimoto Angel said...

Those food make me go hungry this early. Yummy! I just love food posts. :-)

I'm following you, I hope you follow me back.

Much love from <a href="http://mikimotoangel.blogspot.com>Mystic Nymph</a>