Monday, June 7, 2010

Loads of Shimmer, Lots of Spice!

S&S_storefront

On Sunday I attended the grand opening celebration for Philadelphia boutique Shimmer and Spice. I knew ahead of time that this was going to be a cute little place, but I was not at all prepared for just how adorable this shop turned out to be! Right away I was blind-sided by all of the gems and colors and vintage goodies glittering and shimmering and waving hello to me. It was a delicious buffet that I was very hungry to feast on and to my surprise, one that I could very much afford. I know I will be back many, many times for gifts for friends and of course little treats for myself!

feathers_birdcage
Feathered hair clips on a bird cage!

purses

shoes

lotions

makeup
The Makeup Wall!
Store owner Kristyn is a trained Esthetician and can whip up foundation, blush and eye shadow(made with all natural ingredients) that matches your skin perfectly! Kristyn can also create your dream nail polish color from scratch for a very reasonable price!

lipstick

StoreFox
The Shimmer and Spice Fox!

Shimmer and Spice.
1508 Lombard Street
Philadelphia

6 comments:

soph // and other things said...

This place looks fantastic! Pity I'm on the other side of the world, otherwise I'd be there in a heartbeat haha.

Button For A Bird said...

Bluebird Russian is having its first give away!

Click here to enter!!

I hope to see your comment!

shimmer and spice said...

fantastic pictures!!! Thanks so much for coming and drop in a lot!!

kelly ann said...

this place looks fabulous!

p.s. i'm in love with your etsy store. so much. my goodness, your headbands are the cutest things EVER. as soon as i can, one of those "la rose" headbands shall be mine... it reminds me of a headband from anthropologie that i have been wanting. lovelovelove!

Janelle Haskin said...

the store really is great! :)

Kelly Ann-Thanks so much for your kind words! The rose headband would look so adorable on you! ;) xoxo

VintageTribe said...

love the feather hairclips on the birdcage! so adorable!

xo
www.VintageTribe.blogspot.com